Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Forgotten Room

The Forgotten Room
By:  Adrielle R. Bollin

I didn't know about this room
Where so much pain and sorrow grew
It was right in here all along
Softly whispering it's dire song

How could I have missed the signs
Allowed myself to be so blind
Now all I can do is stare
As my panic fills the air

These walls are tumbling down
Like a hurricane the horrid sound
Irrational this surge of heat
As emotions are wild as fleeing feet

I step away to catch my breath
Look again from a new depth
When all at once it's clear to me
The prism light, distracting beam

The room I saw there in the dark
Filled with shadows which seemed to mark
Is nothing more than idle things
Which bathed in light remove imaginings

The voices I heard which menaced me
Are now as silent as the midnight sleep
For who can hide when soaked in light
Where can darkness go but into the night


7 comments:

  1. You know, even now if left alone in the house late at night, things get eerie sometimes. I know it is silly -- but I just imagined walking through the empty dark house reciting your poem, and when...then at the fourth verse I flip on the light and continue a bit more joyously.

    Excuse my silliness -- but I delight in reading poetry that i can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we all have rooms like that. Sometimes I do get lost in that dark room, where despair and fear rule.
    I guess it is just a reminder that where there is light, there is always also darkness.
    Have a lovely Sunday full of light dear Adrielle,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this poem opens my mind...and makes me a little afraid of what I might open...Really good, this one, Adrielle...I say that with each one, but they just keep at such a constant good pace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we feel like we are stuck in the dark and can't see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. But thank goodness we always find it...or it always finds us. I love this : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poem, Adrielle! I've wandered through enough dark rooms of my own - literally and figuratively - and am always glad to, at last, see that faint trace of light that shows the way out!

    I think your last two lines are brilliant!

    Lynette
    Imagination Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful, like a songgg!! Love it so much.. esp the last final words.. where can darkness go except into the night??

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...