Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Missing Pieces

The Missing Pieces
By:  Adrielle R. Bollin

I'm searching out an answer Yet drifting like a feather on a lake
I've got pieces of the puzzle But no idea what it'll make
My heart desires completion While my mind runs round and round
The picture isn't clear yet So I watch without a sound

I take in what I see Both present and the past
Looking at the patterns Wondering how they last
I can see the connections Each instance and it's task
But not the reasons why Nor the name behind the mask

It is an aria without sound  A drum without a beat
It's presence ever haunting  Yet just visible like summer's heat
Oh give me back discernment  Oh Master of the sky
Open up my hollow vision  To see where my enemy lies

Guide me to missing pieces  Make the picture sing
Come close enough to feel you  So I'll hear your whispering
And when I the fog lifts away Help me then to choose
Lift the weights that paralyze And free me from my cemented shoes


Elijah Bossenbroek - This has got to be my new favorite artist - Amazing talent!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! "Lift the weights that paralyze And free me from my cemented shoes" is my favorite line - that pretty much sums it.

    My problem is that I feel like a feather on the ocean with a rock tied to it in the middle of a storm. And I often wonder if anything is ever clear.

    The video is beautiful!

    Thanks, sweetie for all the wonderful visits and comments. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    xOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sensitive soul... Your words paint a picture that is full of longing, one that we can all relate to.
    Loved the clip below the poem - the images and music compliment your words so well.
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that one shouldn't capture a single line from a poem, but 'My heart desires completion While my mind runs round and round' struck a chord with me.

    Again, you slice through life's clutter and capture the heart. You're special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful! The line I most related to is "Oh give me back discernment Oh Master of the sky
    ". You are so very talented. You should consider submitting some of your works for publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a marvelous poem. Wow!The feeling, the visuals..the inspiration...you are a very deep thinker, my dear. I admire you!xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...