Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Least Of These

The Least Of These
By: Adrielle Bollin
Inspired by Matthew 25:34-46

I saw your face today again in my mind
Reminded of when I was too cool to be kind
My heart is saddened by moment I threw away
When pride took over and fear led me astray

I want you to know that your eyes pierced my heart
My mind was forever changed to do my part
For though I didn't have much to give that day
My talents were wasted when I walked away

So today I declare with all that I am
That to the best of my ability I will do all that I can
To feed those who hunger and quench their thirst
Whether I am at my best or at my worst

I will take in the stranger and lend them my ear
I will let them be heard, their story I will hear
I'll clothe the naked with the gospel of truth
Release them from shame that strips away youth

I will visit the sick and pour into them life
Touch their hearts and souls with God's light
I will go to the imprisoned and set their hearts free
Show them where they stand in God's family tree

For each time I listen to what God would say
I can do all these things each and every day
For He has given me all that I need
To touch this world with life that sets free

3 comments:

  1. Dear Adrielle, stopping by to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful Holidays with your loved ones. Thank you for all your lovely comments and visits in the past year.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hOW HAVE YOU BEEN? bEEN A LONG TIME SINCE YOU'VE WRITTEN A POST...i AM LIKE THAT...TOO MANY DAYS IN BETWEEN..i NEED TO GET BACK TO SPARKING MY BRAIN INSTEAD OF PARKING IT! mISS YOU!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a new blog. Come visit, please. You writings are always inspiring!! Hope you're doing well after the holidays and all!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...