Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Big Boy Shoes

This song is dedicated to all my girlfriends out there who are still waiting on that ring...

"Big Boy Shoes"
By:  Adrielle R. Bollin

You've been together for how many years
Shared your lives, your joys and tears
She's been there when all others failed
Stood by your side when life derailed

She knows you like the back of her hand
Does thoughtful things even when she's mad
She's loyal like the rising sun
That smile of hers will bless someone

But she won't
Wait forever boy
Before too long, 
A real man is gonna come along
And do what you can't do
Come on boy, put on your big boy shoes

She's got dreams of a ring on her left hand
A wedding dress and maybe even a band
She wants to celebrate the love you share
She wants to know that you will always be there

You've got your reasons but I'm telling you
It's time to man up and face the truth
Either you love her or don't
By now you really ought to know

Cause she won't
Wait forever boy
Before too long, 
A real man is gonna come along
And do what you won't do
Come on boy, put on your big boy shoes

Oh she's good for you 
Your friends all like her too
Your family's taken her in
Tell me boy are you out or in

Cause she won't...

2 comments:

  1. It would be great to hear you sing this too Adrielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...