Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rest




Hush now my love
May your mind be at ease
Put away your schedule
Spend some time with me


Lay your head down
In this field of purest gold
Bathe in my sunlight
Let it warm your weary soul

Rest for a little while
Let your spirit breathe
Smell the sweet and calming scents
That are flowing on the breeze


Hear the waves of murmurs
Caressing the sandy shore
The saints and all their prayers
On your behalf implored

Listen to me closely
As I sing to you this song
Let the lyrics fill you
Again I'll make you strong


Like a silky ribbon
That shivers in the wind
So I'll stir your spirit
And birth my joy within

Take this peaceful moment
Place me first and never last
Take this time to rest
From a world that moves so fast


I'll hold you in my arms
And give you back your peace
Establish you in love
So your freedom is increased

By Adrielle R. Bollin



“I take the Support of the Lord's Lotus Feet; there is no other place of rest for me. I lean upon You as my Support, O Supreme Lord God. I exist only by Your Power.”

Sri Guru Granth Sahib

“He that can take rest is greater than he that can take cities”

Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...