Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Remind Me Who I Am

"Remind Me Who I Am"
By:  Adrielle R. Bollin

Some days can be so lonely
When everyone is looking at themselves
They say hurting people hurt others
Sometimes people just don't think at all

Then I look around and see the pain
And I'm reeling cause I feel the same

It's like a desert
With pouring rain
I don't know what to do
With the flood I'm in

Til you     Wipe those lies away
Til you     Turn my face your way

Remind me who I am
The daughter of the Lamb

When my joy is stripped and shaken down
And all I see is gray all around
You paint my soul to life
With colors so true and bright

Then when all my tears are dried
And I can stand in your might

It's like a desert
With pouring rain
And I'm awestruck
Seeing life again

And you     Lift my spirits high
And you     Dance with me to the sky

Reminding me who I am
I'm the daughter of the Lamb

4 comments:

  1. Somehow I can almost hear this being sung - with the notes soaring towards the end. Have you set it to music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely verses..! Colorful poetry, I must say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not put it to music although you are certainly causing my to start leaning that way Rosalind!! :) Thank you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, so drop me a line! You can also e-mail me at adrielleroyale@hotmail.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...